Page 156 of 387 pages for Buick RIVIERA 1997 Owner Manual.
Activating the Theft—Deterrent Feature
The instructions which follow. explain how to enter your secret code to activate the THEIWLDCK system. It is reomnmcndod that. you read through all nine steps
before starting the procedure.
NOTE: If you allow more than 15 seconds to elapse between any steps. the radio automatically reverts to time and you must start the procedure otter at Step 4.
1. Write down any three or four-digit numhe'r from UL'ID to 1999 and keep it in a safe place separate from the vehicle.
2. Turn the ignition to ACCESSORY or RUN. 3. Turn the radio off.
4. Press the l and 4 buttons together. Hold them down until —— shows on the display. Next you will use the secret code number which you have written down.
5. Press MIN and one will appear on The display.
6. Press MIN again to make the last two digits agree with your code.
7". Prtzss HRS to make the first one or two digits agree with your code.
3. Press AM—FM after you have continued than the code matches the secret code you have written down. The display will SI'IIJW REP to let you know that you need to repeat Steps 5 through 'i to conﬁrm your secret code.
9. Press AM—FM and this time the dispiay will show SEC to let you know IJ'ttit your radio is secure.
Unlocking the Theft-Deterrent Feahlre After a Power [.055
Enter your secret code as inflows: pause no more than 15 seconds between steps:
I. LDC appears when the ignition is on. 1. Press W and cm wilt appear on the display.
3. Press MIN again to make the last two digits agree with your code.
4. Press HRS to make the first one or two digits agree with your code.
5. Press ARM-FM after you have continued that the code matches the secret code you have written down. The display will show SEC. indicating the radio is now operable and secure.